Monday, December 17, 2012

there are no words...

Not knowing what to say or if I should say anything is weighing heavy on my heart.  I have been praying and praying and praying again for the poor souls who lost their lives in CT.  It is such a terrible, unthinkable tragedy that I can't even wrap my head around it.  I do know that there are many teachers, parents, children, etc. across the country who feel this way also.  I couldn't sleep last night for dreaming about the situation and how I was going to address my students in the morning.  What was the best way, how could I control my crying, how could I address them?

It was difficult and heartbreaking to even think about, but we trudged through.  The kids went on with their day and I tried to teach and maintain routine as much as possible.  What I realized throughout the day and reflecting on it is the strength that we as teachers, principals, assistants, etc. have for our children.  I don't know about you, but I also realize I would have done anything in my power to keep my students safe!  The job of a teacher is not a job it is a way of life.  I love my students and hope that I am never faced with the situation that occurred in CT, but I only pray that I have the heroic strength that they all showed that dreadful day!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment