Tuesday, December 18, 2012

bOXES oF hOPE

Today was such a special day at school!  Of course with it being the LAST day before break everything was hunky dory (do you all use that word?).  
Anyway today was the day that my kids got to exchange their boxes of hope. 
 I give complete credit to author Laura Candler for this activity,
but I absolutely love doing it with my students!  
You can find the link HERE!  

This project is supposed to help students understand the value of a gift
 is not always about the money spent, but more about a gift coming from the heart. 
 My students looked forward to it with much anticipation.  When 1:00 came 
I had all the students to get in a circle and we exchanged gifts one by one.  
All waiting for the last to be exchanged before opening them.  All the students had
 such a twinkle in their eye.  They all tore into their gifts with such excitement all for
 the cost of nothing, but a little hope!  This is the 2nd year that 
I have done this and I believe this year was
 even more special than last!

What do you do for your students?

Dana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment